Monday, June 27, 2011

Rated M For Mature (I'm not even joking this time)

In case you didn't figure out by the title, this game is absolutely NOT for children.

Ah Grand Theft Auto; fast cars, faster women, all the murderous weapons you can load and fire, and the “Crime does not pay” ending. Nothing says “let’s pretend to be criminals” like an appropriate criminal ending right? Oh but if only there were a game were you could be a crime lord to your heart’s content with absolutely no consequences. Well lucky for you there’s this:

Crime Craft (AKA Bleed Out) tells the shocking, horrific, and surprisingly accurate story of The United States in a future where we never stopped depending on foreign oil. The economy collapsed, the government abandoned its people and now everything is ruled by gangs which mean sex, drugs, and murder, reign supreme.

Don’t be pulled in by the GTA environment and promises of strip clubs though. Sadly in all seriousness this game is complete crap. It’s a 3rd Person Shooter that tried to use the same dodge mechanic as S4 league only more realistic, and by realistic I mean useless. Unlike S4 you’re better off ducking behind cover and playing this Gears of War style, not that you have a choice, the game lags so bad that any attempt to play this game Halo style will result in a sniper round through the head. Even on the lowest graphics setting and the highest mouse sensitivity I still had delay and my shots were so inaccurate it actually took me 2 attempts to do each of the starting missions because I kept running out of ammo, and that’s on the easy setting.







What I find funny about this game is that the NPCs actually have the ability to rage, some of them curse more than players, using dirty words even multiple times in a single sentence. There’s going for a sense of realism, and then there’s just over kill, but it must work because I found myself chasing after a guy in a blind rage after he said “I should go shove [censored] [censored] [censored] up my mom’s [censored] [censored] and that he’s seen better [censored] on a [censored] camel”

Crime Craft is by no means an enjoyable game to play, and honestly it’s trying a little TOO much to be “Hardcore.” If I wanted to play a game where I get cussed at all match I’d go back to playing League of Legends; at least their bots don’t talk.

Bleed Out (Crime Craft) gets a 1 out of 10, and the honor of receiving my “most unpleasant MMO ever played” award.