Monday, June 27, 2011

A Game For Ventriloquists Everywhere

I’m honestly surprised that Gpotato still remembers my account name, considering how long it’s been since I touched one of their games, but I got an open beta invitation in my email, and since I’ve had nothing to play the past month besides Eden Eternal I figured “why not?”

The game in question is Prius Online, AKA Anima-Redux, AKA “why the hell did you name it that?!” The story of comes in a fabulous shade of blue Online is actually one of the weirder ones. In the opening cinematic a pedophile with a large sword performs a demonic ritual to save the life of his dying child lover, only to have the under aged CP star go on a bloody rampage and bring the whole world to ruin. Years later you play the role of one of these admired pedophiles that loses his memory after a futile attack on an enemy strong hold. Your child lover is taken away and you forgot you ever had a loli-complex in the first place. All joking aside the prologue of this game looks like it would be better off in an elder scrolls game than a MMO since every other player also has the same back story. I mean come on one of the most trivial flaws in a MMORPG's creation is giving the multiplayer game a singleplayer story, you’d think one of the latest games to come out would have fixed that.











-But I digress, after starting the game and sitting through the LONGEST loading time in a MMO to date I finally got to start playing, and was almost immediately disappointed when I saw what I like to call “Stereotypical Classes,” or better put classes that determine what race you will be. There are only about 5 classes in the game, and each determine not only what race you will be but also what gender; this my friends is a GREAT BIG NO! Stereotypical Classes take away the most important part of a MMORPG, and that’s the RPG part. People don’t want to be forced to play a specific way, they want to play as themselves in the way that they like to play. It’s astounding just how many basic errors slightly smaller than a Hummer Online has made up to this point.

Inside the game there’s a “Final Fantasy” aura about it; of course that could just be because the character I made looks like a sky pirate from FF XII. Sadly after about an hour and a half of grind quests I couldn’t help but feel I was simply playing a much worse version of World of Warcraft. It’s like everything about this game was taken from wow and made pants on head retarded just like the NPCs horrible ability to talk. There really wasn’t anything special about -Facepalm- doooh Online in fact it was downright lame.

[Insert Jeff Dunham Joke Here] Online gets a (well) deserved 2 out of 10

The game just really isn’t my cup of tea, speaking of which my morning tea is finished so I’m wrapping up this review.

(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SNz1itJ1pd8) Thanks for being such a sport JD!