Friday, May 6, 2011

WoW's Undead Have Nothing On This

Guuuuuuhhhh; Being bored out of my mind recently I went through some of my oldest reviews and have come to two conclusions: 1) They weren’t long enough, and 2) over 90% of them were reviews that had good scores. I mean come on, what kind of reviewer doesn’t have a decent amount of rejects under his belt? (No I’m not counting my recent rant of S4: DL) So unsatisfied and demoralized I continued my search for games. Eventually I stumbled into Forsaken World and Hoping I could make a bad rant or two I downloaded it and played it.

Unfortunately much to my disappointment the game was really-really-really-REALLY good… Forsaken World is the counterpart to Perfect World, the Yang to its Yin in a since. The graphics are awesome the visual effects are nothing short of stunning and you couldn’t get any more racially diverse if the game was based off of League of Legends.

I’m being completely serious, most people are waiting for future games like Guild Wars 2 or Star Wars: The Old Republic to be the “WoW Killer” when they don’t even realize that one is right under their noses right now, if more people knew about this game WoW could be dead within the month.

I was all ready to flag this game with a perfect score when some unknown all powerful force tapped me on my shoulder and convinced me to continue playing, so I did; what I found was quite possibly the games one fatal flaw.

GRIND QUESTS! – Quests that take half an hour at least to complete; the ones that have you kill a ridiculous number of monsters or ones that require you to collect a large amount of items from a monster that have a small amount of chance of dropping. Sure the game play is so amazingly good that you should be able to look past it, but the fact still remains: They are there!

















On that note I raise this question: “Why would you pay $15 a month to play WoW for endless hours at a time when you can get the exact same satisfaction from Forsaken World and not ever pay a cent?” If the 11 million members of the WoW cult stopped playing for a week and spent that week playing Forsaken World instead, my guess is half of them at least would never go back.

Forsaken World gets a 8 out of 10 it’s addictive, it’s amazing, and I’m going to keep playing it even as I go through the other games I review.