Saturday, August 27, 2011

The Worst Best Anime RPG of The Year.



During the course of my relatively extended vacation I happened upon an advertisement for Asda 2 the sequel to Asda story the romantic Anime MMO. At first I thought nothing of it but I soon changed my mind when I saw the “Most customizable character creation ever” tag, and I quickly thought to myself “my god if this means what I think it does then I just might have stumbled upon the greatest anime MMO ever!” (coincidentally that’s another claim the advertisement made.)

I downloaded the game and tried it out…and was swiftly disappointed by the LACK OF CUSTOMIZATION.

For a game that sold itself on customization there were hardly any hairstyles available, not choice of starting clothes or skin color, and only three classes. Don’t be fooled by the promise of 8, it’s just three classes and 3 subcategories for each class excluding the archer who only has 2. I mean come on, how hard is it to put “assassin” in there? There were numerous eyes available as well as the ability to choose your star sign, but come on it’s an anime RPG those things are the bread and butter.

The only real customization options of significant important are the costumes, and the choice of wearing your armor costume which has all your stats or your player costume which is purely cosmetic. This is something that every other game in existence has already done; only BETTER.

The graphics are the typical cartoony style, and the monsters have the “too cute to kill” aura (but it’s not as effective as other anime MMOs) The females all look sexy I guess, I mean the first chick you talk to is wearing nothing but half a gothic dress and a skull thong, but again it’s an anime MMO, to have anything less would bring shame upon your servers. Also the quests are stupidly easy, no challenge at all. I had a harder time playing FLYFF and that was a freaking cake walk.

So to summaries no this game isn’t good, no this game isn’t original, and no this game does not have the godly amounts of customization I was promised, I’m severely disappointed and to be honest this may have been the fastest review I ever made because I was able to pick up the game, play it, put it down, and write this all in one afternoon sitting.

Asda 2 gets a 3 out of 10 This game has done to Asda Story what Burning Crusade and Wrath of the Litch King did to WoW and if you so much as mutter the words “Improved it” I’m coming to your house and personally cutting out your tongue